RHI stands for optimum refractory solutions for electric arc furnaces (AC and DC), converters, ladles and launders in the ferronickel industry. The quality and service offered by RHI are based on carefully selected raw materials which have provided good service results for many years, state-of-the-art manufacturing plants, continuous and intensive research and development work and on the competence of all RHI employees. The refractory materials and systems applied for the ferronickel industry make a significant contribution to the efficiency and safety of the ferronickel smelters. Extensive knowledge of all steps of the production process and conditions at the customer's plant is a prerequisite for optimum application of the refractory products.
In addition, the partnership and close cooperation with the customers are important factors which ensure enhancement of processes in the ferronickel industry.
RHI is not just a reliable supplier of high grade refractory products, but also a partner for the ferronickel industry to work on complete all-inclusive solutions:
- Refractory quality concept and lining suggestions
- Heat flux, heat transfer and stress calculations by CFD and FEA modeling
- Lining and refractory installation drawings
- Instructions for furnace heat-up or shutdowns
- Instruction for refractory material storage
- Process and flow control solutions like purging plugs, purging and injection lances and slide gates
- Installation service and installation supervision
- Post-mortem analysis of refractory materials at our own R&D facilities